Cancellation / Rental Policy
Thank you for booking directly! We look forward to you staying with us!
Hostel Around the Bend is located at 7675 Highway 76 E, Hiawassee, GA 30546. We are about 0.6 miles west of the Appalachian Trail at Dicks Creek Gap.
Please read details for each listing for more specific information about the different rental units we have available.
Mobile network service is spotty in the area, so you may not have cell service depending on your provider.Amenities included in the price of your reservation:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free guest parking
- Beds in private rooms made with sheets, pillowcases, and a blanket. Beds in bunkhouse are made with a sheet and you can use your sleeping bag.
- Body towel, washcloth, shampoo, conditioner, soap, and other necessities provided
- Laundry facilities and loaner clothes are available on-site for guest use
- Guests share use of refrigerator, freezer, stove, oven, microwave, coffee maker, and outside grill
- Guest shuttle service (schedules and locations vary)
- Central heating and air conditioning inside the guest house. Each bedroom/rental unit has either a ceiling fan or portable fans. CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT PROCEDURES
Check-In time: 3:00 p.m. to 9:30 pm.
- If doing self-check in, the key to the unit is in the lockbox located just outside the front door of the unit. We will message you directly with the code after booking or provide it to you at check in. Check-Out Time: 10:00 am
- Checking-Out Procedures:
* Leave bedsheets on the bed.
* Place dirty towels in the hamper in bathroom.
* Lock the door and close the windows.
* Return the keys to the lockbox and lock the lockbox.POLICIESQuiet time: 10:00 pm – 6:30 am.
– Please keep the keys securely with you during your stay and lock the door each time you leave. There is a $30 fee for lost keys.Wifi –
Free wifi is provided. You are responsible for safe and appropriate use and complying with all laws. Wifi information will be provided in each unit.Smoking
– Smoking and vaping are not permitted inside any of the buildings. Smoking is permitted outside only. Discard extinguished cigarette/cigar butts in the bin under the shoe tree. Laundry
– Machine washer, dryer, and laundry detergent are available for your use. You can access the laundry room through the middle door of the main house. Please use the "Quick Wash" setting only and share the wash with other guests (mesh laundry bags provided).Trash
– Do not leave garbage/food/drinks outside. Please securely bag all trash before placing in the bear bins located on the right side of the driveway when facing the house.Parking
– Free guest parking. There is limited parking due to sharing the driveway with other guests, so if your party requires more than one vehicle please let us know in advance so we can make arrangements.Pet Policy
- Well-behaved pets are only allowed in certain rental units with approval of the host. Max of 2 pets per cabin.
- Pets must not be aggressive towards people or other animals or destructive of property. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times when outside. You can walk your dog on the trail that starts near the front of the Wolfden (doors with wolf head painted on them). Please clean up after your pet (pet waste bags are provided).
- You will be responsible for any damages caused by your pet.Appliances/Common Areas
- Guests may use any appliance and utensils provided in the kitchen as well as the grill outside. Salt, pepper, cooking oil, etc. is provided for your use. Please clean, dry, and put away dishes you use and clean the appliances, grill, and countertops after use.
- Water from the tap comes from our private well.
- Thermostat is in the hallway of the guest house. Please leave at a temperature comfortable for you and other guests depending on the season.
- Keep the front doors to the guest house and sleeping cabins closed at all times. Safety, Security, and Prohibited Acts
- Common areas are shared with other guests so please clean up after yourself and do not leave personal belongings in common areas. Hostel Around the Bend LLC will not be liable for any lost or damaged personal property.
- Lock the door to your unit and keep the key securely with you at all times.
- No destruction or removal of any part of the property. If you, your pet, or others travelling with you break or damage anything, please let us know and arrange for its replacement or repair. You agree will be charged for any damages or excessive cleaning caused by you, your pet(s), or guest(s) in your party up to $500.
- No parties, events, outside visitors or overnight guests.
- No illegal activity of any kind, including the use, possession, or sale of illegal drugs or controlled substances and illegal internet downloads.WAIVER
Around the Bend LLC and its agents shall not be liable for any damage or injury to guests, or any other person, or to any property, occurring on the premises, or any part thereof, or in common areas thereof. As a guest of Around the Bend LLC, you shall hereby indemnify, release, and save harmless Around the Bend LLC and Around the Bend LLC’s agents from and against any and all suits, actions, claims, judgments, and expenses arising out of or relating to any loss of life, bodily or personal injury, property damage, or other demand, claim or action of any nature arising out of or related to this rental agreement or the use of the premises.
Although we thoroughly clean and disinfect between guests, you are assuming the risk of being exposed to viruses (including COVID-19), bacteria, or other germs during your stay. Guests and others in their party must assume all responsibility for their own health and safety and use of the facilities and common areas are at your own risk. We request that guests practice social distancing and wear masks in common areas. MAKING A RESERVATION
Before making a reservation, please review our Policies carefully and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
You must be 18 years or older to make a reservation.
You must provide a valid government-issued photo ID (state drivers license, state issued ID, or passport) to complete your reservation. The name on your ID must match the name on the reservation. Please present it at check in or follow instructions provided if doing self check-in.
Your credit card will be charged at the time of booking a reservation.
Please review your number of guests and number of nights before finalizing your booking. Remember to include any children in your number of guests, as we can only accommodate a certain number of guests at a time.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Violation of these Terms and Conditions will result in eviction without any refund.FLEXIBLE CANCELLATION POLICY
You may cancel your reservation for free up to 48 hours before your check-in day for a full refund. Cancellations within 48 hours of check-in will not be refunded whatsoever and you will be charged for the full length of your stay. If you fail to check in on the day of your arrival you will not be eligible to receive any refund and you will be charged for the full amount of your reservation.
If you’d like to extend your stay beyond your reservation, we will do our best to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee availability.